Friday, May 30, 2008

Chemotherapy update

I did receive my first round of chemotherapy last night by pill with an anti-nausea drug prior to that. This proved to be successful and prevented any nausea. It’s is currently 9:20 a.m. I was able to feed myself most of breakfast and rested very comfortably throughout the night. This drug is an interim treatment until I am finished with the radiation.

Both my oncologist and my surgeon specializing in oncology stopped by this morning, not with any new news but to inquire about me until they’re able to get more actively involved in the treatment plan.

PT should be over some time this morning with the device that will assist in helping me out of bed and support me while attempting to walk.

3 comments:

Ken Bonhotal said...

Barry, I let those on the Capital Management project know you were in the hospital. They send their best and prayers for your recovery.

I find it amazing that John flew to Jacksonville to visit. I knew you guys bonded but never imagined how well.

Take care. Ken

Anonymous said...

Barry,
I will be interested in how the PT goes today. Hopefully, Rick and you have managed some of the exercises outside of the sessions.

Looking forward to when you can get in a car so we can take you on some scenic excursions.

Anonymous said...

Barry,

You are definitely in my thoughts & prayers. I hope PT went well today & I am very glad that you had no nausea from the chemo treatment.

Jim and Nancy are doing a great job with this blog.

Lots of folks here in EVV and all over the country are pulling for you.

Take care,
Virginia H