Thursday, May 29, 2008

Possible discharge to rehab

Ellen the social worker has been working very busily the past day to assess what facilities will be available in Jacksonville that will be able to accommodate my physical therapy needs as well as my radiation therapy needs. I have nine radiation treatments left that need to be done on a daily basis. Since those are not offered at PT facilities, transport to those radiation facilities is something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Rick will be visiting one of the sites tomorow, that we believe to be the preferred site, where I would be getting approximately three hours of physical therapy a day and any appropriate nursing care. Additionally, I would be able to travel to the radiation therapy site to complete those treatments. Both of the sites under consideration offer pet therapy so Simon and Margo will be able to visit - hopefully separately so they won't get too rambunctious. Otherwise I'll just be able to visit with the pets that are in residence. That decision should be reached within the next day or so and as soon as any transfer plans are known they will be posted on the blog with the new address.

No comments: