Friday, May 30, 2008

Wonderful memories

A few days ago my good friend Jim sent me a tin of my very, very favorite cookies - the ones that his mom always made at Christmas. That for the past number of years I make at Christmas and share with my friends and co-workers. Each year they ask me, "When are you going to make those pecan cookies, those one that are so, so good?" When they arrived the other day, because dietary is trying to keep my blood sugar, I asked Rick to keep them at home. Today I asked Rick to bring a few over so I could enjoy them. One of my dear friends Leslie was here with me when I opened them up and I told her she needed to try one. When she tasted it her eyes rolled back in her head in an expression of pure pleasure. I'm going to ask Jim to publish the recipe for his moms' cookies here so that you all can also enjoy these wonderful gifts of love. This year I took some out to my office at Christmas time, packed them very carefully to take on the flight with me, and they all made it from Jacksonville to St. Louis without breaking a single one. They disappeared. They're that good. There's that much love in them.

Also (today was a bad day for sugar) one of my local friends Doris brought a chocolate éclair over from Worman's bakery. So after Leslie and I had shared these incredibly decadent sand tarts we then cut into a few slices of the Worman’s éclair. My blood sugar is up tonight. I'm a very happy and well loved man.

No comments: