Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chemotherapy

Chemotherapy will be starting tonight in pill form. I'll be taking Temodar. I will be given an anti-nausea agent first and then the Temodar and hopefully I'll sleep peacefully through the night with that. This is an interim agent until the radiation treatment is complete before perhaps moving on to a more aggressive form of chemotherapy.

I particularly want to express my gratitude to Jim and Nancy for the blog. I have been getting so many positive comments from people about how helpful it is, how informative it is, and how easy to use it is. I'm just very, very grateful that they're taking the time to do this for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Barry,
I know that it does not seem that any good news is coming your way recently. But how wonderful to know how many people love you and support you from all around the world! I believe that the power of prayer focused on your recovery from your many, many friends will give this latest setback a wallop.

I read Kas' story about riding to Philly to see Jim. I was remembering another road trip (thank goodness gas was cheaper then!) We put Katelyn and her car seat in back of your convertible and we all drove off to the Timonium State Fair. She laughed the entire trip as we zipped up the beltway to I-83 with her hair blowing wildly. So it doesn't seem possible that Katelyn turned 21 last week and graduated from college. And Paul graduated from CHS on Wednesday. I was wondering what you and Jim recalled from your CHS graduation. We all graduated the same year, 1985 wasn't it? :)

PS Thanks for being so generous with your car back in the day. Seems you were the chauffer quite often, you always had the best car!

JimD said...

And one of the days that I remember most clearly is the day of the road rally. What a lot of work that must have been to plan. It was worth it, though. It was one of the most fun days of my life and is one of my fondest memories. I remember that my team didn't win but I can't remember who did. Everyone had such a good time - except maybe the people at that housing development sales office. They very annoyed that we raided their stock of flashy brochures. With luck they've gotten over that by now.