Friday, May 30, 2008

Planned move to rehab

I will be moving to rehab tomorrow, Saturday. The exact time of day is not known as of yet. I will be moving to a rehab facility - I believe it's called Hallmark - that offers three hours of rehab a day and all necessary nursing care. Basically they will be busting my ass to get me back on my feet again which is what I need. I don't anticipate that the next few days will be pleasant at all but they're what I need.

Rick toured the facility today and found it to be pleasant. They do permit pet therapy so Margo and Simon will be able to visit also. As soon as I have an exact address and visiting hours and phone number I will make that available.

It is my understanding so far that they won't want visitors interrupting any of the scheduled rehab sessions but I will know more about that later.

I did have PT and radiation today. A different machine was used to elevate me to a standing position but I was not able to support my own weight. The physical therapist did do extensive leg exercises with my legs while I was on the bed and did indicate that my legs are getting stronger.

I'm glad to be discharged to rehab but anxious at the same time, as this is going to be the next big step in my recovery.

4 comments:

Iddy said...

Hi, My Precious, it's Rhonda R here. I'm in shock to know that the wonderful and vibrant man I saw barely six weeks ago has taken such a hard bounce. I'm deeply saddened you've been through so much and have more to endure.

Please know you are in my heart and prayers today and will be everyday. As many others have written, I have the utmost faith you will persevere.

Keep the Faith, Baby ;-) Show rehab, radiation and chemo who's boss!

Love,
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Hi Barry!
Your blog is wonderful, and the updates are really appreciated. I think of you often and pray for you daily.
All of Supply Chain is sending the best your way!
I want to say hang in there, but I picture you in that sling/patient lift thingy that helps you get up and out of bed and back. I like what Rhonda said in her post, "Show rehab, radiation and chemo who's boss"!
Sending thoughts of strength and replenishment!
Gillian

Anonymous said...

We expect Barry to be moved to Heartland Health Care Center, 3648 University Blvd. South, Jacksonville. The general phone number there is 904 733-7440. The fax number is 904 730-7668. I visit the facility yesterday. I found the staff to be helpful, open, and receptive to my questions. The campus is clean and cheerful. Rick

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I don't know how to edit my spelling errors in my previous post!

Rick