Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oncologist report

Barry called this morning. His oncologist had been to see him and he had received some very difficult news. According to the oncologist, a PET scan shows that there has been spread to his liver and his lungs. The doctor recommended that they begin chemotherapy soon in the hope that the disease will respond to that. More information will be available once he has received the doctor's written report. Barry is determined to face this with strength and bravery. This certainly comes as no surprise to us who know him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barry, 2 years ago you fought cancer and you kicked its ass. That was your practice for this rematch. You're strong and you know what needs to be done. You have so many people who love you and Rick and who support you, there is no option but success. I am here for you. I am holding your hand, I won't let you go.

Anonymous said...

Hey Barry -- this is Kas.

Spoke to Jim this morning and I am sorry you are going through this. You know that I know that it is no fun. But I also know Dave's prognosis when he was diagnosed with cancer was pretty grim -- and here we are, seven years later! Please know my thoughts are prayers are with you.

And I was just telling a friend a story about you the other day! You had picked me up to go visit Jim in Philadelphia, and I had a few beers with me for the ride (as I was prone to do in those days!). You were pretty taken aback and said something about you didn't want drinking in your car. To which I replied "well I guess I'll be walking then!" Don't remember how we resolved it, but I do know I drove to Phillie with you and a good time was had by all.

Much love and positive thoughts,

Kas

Anonymous said...

Barry,
After we talked today, I read your blog. I am so happy you included me. Your outlook is always so positive and cheerful, even now as you face this difficult time. I know you will come out a winner and look forward to working with you in the near future. Please know that I am thinking of you.