Saturday, May 31, 2008

Transfer to rehab

At 3pm promptly they came and transferred me to the Manor Care Heartlands facility. I am in room 311 A and the phone number to the room is 904-419-2542. Check-in was fine and the facility seems very clean and very pleasant. The staff has been wonderful so far. I will have a better idea of the schedule soon. Visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm but I understand that physical therapy usually happens in the morning so afternoons seem better for visitors at the moment.

My boss Sue from St. Louis was in Orlando and drove up to Jacksonville and we had a wonderful visit.

Rick's sister also drove up today from Gulfstream and will be staying for the weekend. She and Rick were here in the aftternoon and had the opportunity to meet Sue. We had a very pleasant visit.

Since this is a semi-private room things will be bit different but my roommate Willie and I seem to be getting along quite well. There are common areas to entertain visitors and all indications are that we are to spend as little time in our beds as possible.

I fully expect that tomorrow will be a difficult day. Surprisingly dinner was delicious.

Rick and Wendy are going to do some quick shopping for some rehab clothes for me to use while I'm here.

Margo and Simon went for baths today so that they can visit. Hopfeully they'll be well behaved. I'd hate to think that our dogs would be banned from the place for bad behavior.

Keep the emails and blog comments coming. They're greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barry
The place sounds like the Ritz. Are you sure you went to the right place? I think there is a Piccadilly down the street. Reading your blog is something I look forward to everyday. So glad you have it. I would like to stop by Sunday afternoon. Might just be me since Carol has to work. Keep your head up because I know everyone looks forward to your updates!
Scott

Anonymous said...

Barry, I too look forward to your updates - I enjoy them so much! My prayer is not only for strength to return to your legs and healing of your body but for Rick to be comforted too. He must be hurting. I pray for God's loving arms to surround you both in His love. I'll bet you can't wait to visit with your doggies. I am sure they miss you. Take care and keep up the hard work in rehab. It'll be worth it so you can travel to places you've never been. Robin