Sunday, June 1, 2008

First full day at Heartland

Physical Therapy was here this morning to go through some balance and leg lift exercises. She feels that my legs are continuing to improve. They also discussed the therapy plan which will begin in earnest tomorrow

The rest of the day has been pretty easy. I had visitors - Ben, Steve and Craig were here. As good as dinner was last night, lunch today was horrible so they picked up some soup for me to have instead. The people here are certainly amenable to family and friends bringing in food so you're not forced to eat what they provide. That opens the opportunity to have something tastier than what's on the menu. The challenge will be to determine what that will be since the chemotherapy seems to be having a bit of a negative impact on my appetite. When I was on the interferon treatments, nothing tasted better than orange slices. They were like manna from heaven so I might ask Rick to bring some of those in for me. And I have some Glucernas on hand which actually taste pretty good. Chocolate, at least, continues to taste goode too, as long as it comes in some form that's acceptable on my dietary plan.

Rick and Wendy will be coming in later this afternoon and I'm looking forward to that. There is nothing more than this to report. A very quiet day with visitors and some time to relax, doze and watch TV.

2 comments:

JD said...

Hey, Barry

Just wanted to let you know we all love you and will be praying for you. Jim

Anonymous said...

Hi Barry,

I'm glad things went well with your move and they are treating you well there. I bet Simon and Margo will be SO happy to see you. I'm glad they allow pets to visit.

It was nice to talk with you on Saturday. Joey sends his love and prayers. We are both thinking of you. We both send our love, prayers and support.

Maddie & Joey