Friday, July 11, 2008

All from a pack of ketchup

Jim, Maddie and I were working on an implementation in Milwaukee years ago. We were sitting in the cafeteria having dinner, Maddie and I on one side of the table, Jim on the other. Someone was walking toward us with a tray about to exit the cafeteria. In one of those slow motion moments, the gentleman stepped on a single ketchup packet. All of a sudden, Maddie and I were covered in ketchup. The wall to the right was splattered with it. And somehow Jim’s tie ended up with ketchup on it also even though Jim’s back was to the ketchup packet. We sat there in stunned shock, then burst out laughing as we realized what had happened. The gentleman walks by innocently looking at us as if we were crazy and we’re truly astonished at how little ketchup it takes under force to make such a huge mess. We felt like we had been strafed.

In a basket that the team had sent me a few weeks ago there were lots of items reminding me of various trips and foibles that we had been through. There was an envelope that I opened up. It had a ketchup packet in it. I burst out laughing as I recalled this particular story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barry, I will never forget this day. It was SO funny. There we were minding our own business having something to eat and BOOM we were all hit by the flying ketchup! Another great memory of one of our many trips together.

:-)

Love,

Maddie