Friday, July 4, 2008

Going Home

I will be discharged from Heartlands rehab facility on Tuesday, July 8th to return home. Home care and home rehab are in the process of being arranged.

Our neighbor, Molly, has cared for a number of family members and has a wheelchair and hospital bed. She has generously offered them to us for our use. Thank you Molly. Saturday, the bed will be put in the den where Rick and I believe I will be the most comfortable and where Rick can care for me best. Some furniture will need to be re-arranged, but I will have a view out the front of the house from the bed and there will be room for visitors. I'll be able to transfer to the wheelchair easily from the bed.

We're both very happy that I am coming home, but also realize that new challenges and learning opportunities will be a large part of the next few weeks. We are prepared to face them head on, working together as a team.

--
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry

http://www.mobylo.com/emv/


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Barry
The happy guy with the big laugh, in the middle of a big crowd and everyone knows his name!!!

Thanks for sharing work and family memories. Now I know you so much better after 28 or so years.

Barry, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Chall

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy for you Barry. Rick, Margo, and Simon are anxiously awaiting your return home. I know that together you and Rick will make it through any challenges you are faced with. You are a great team!

Much love and prayers are being sent your way.

:-)

Maddie