Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Easter Egg and Irish Potato Candy Recipes

I got the recipes for the Easter Eggs and Irish Potato candy from my dad. I hope you enjoy them.

Easter Eggs

1/4 lb butter
1 lb confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon real vanilla or other flavoring of your choice

You can add coconut flakes if you like.

Mix together in the shape of an egg.

Cover in room temperature melted chocolate. Bittersweet is best, but use milk if you prefer. Cool on wax paper.

Irish Potato Candy

Use the same recipe adding one cooled mashed potato to the mix. Many add coconut flakes to this also. Make smaller pieces than the full size Easter Eggs.

Coat candy with cinnamon.

--
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This I have got to try. Thanks a bunch for sharing

Anonymous said...

Barry, this sounds like a perfect recipe for me to make with Daisy (my beautiful granddaughter). I go to see her in late August, hardly Easter egg time, but she doesn't know how to read a calendar. In fact, her favorite songs are Christmas carols--summer, spring...whenever. So Easter eggs it will be!
Betsy

JimD said...

I am going to try the potato candy. I'm pretty sure that that's what they used to sell at the bazaars at St. Mark School. They called it Sweet Potato Candy because the little pieces rolled in cinnamon and individually Saran-wrapped looked like sweet potatoes. I loved that stuff - and what kid wouldn't? They were cinnamon and vanilla flavored sugar bombs!