Sunday, July 20, 2008

Out of town visitors

I've had a number of out of town visitors this week. One I knew was coming, the others were a big surprise though Rick knew.

Wilma Newton had called to tell me she would be vacationing in Ponte Vedra just outside Jacksonville. We set a time for her to visit on Thursday. She stopped over with some casseroles, fruit and cheese which we greatly appreciated. We had a great visit. Wilma, thanks so much for stopping over and I hope the rest of your vacation was enjoyable.

The second visit was a complete surprise to me but had been arranged with Rick. Saturday afternoon I heard a knock at the door. I then saw a head in the window at the side of the living room. I thought it was a solicitor and thought "wow, that's pretty nervy". Rick went to the door and in through the living room into my room I see three other people coming in.

My mind still was not registering. Finally, I realize it was Cindy Hawes, Linda Clemmer and Janice Elwood. Cindy and Linda are part of my former team from Evansville, Janice is our MS4 and OmniBuyer contact at St. Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. They had driven down from Evansville to surprise me. They sure did that. Cindy said they got 45 mpg in her Pruis. They also brought a Tater Tot casserole from Diane Feyen, a former co-worker. We all had it for dinner and it was delicious. Thanks, Diane. We also enjoyed a friendship cake that Cindy had baked. To quote Rachael Ray, it was yummo.

We had a nice long visit Saturday night. They went to the beaches this morning and afternoon and will be back later today before heading back to Evansville Monday. What a wonderful surprise this has been.

Thanks to all of you for your love and support.
--
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry
http://www.mobylo.com/emv/

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm glad to read that Cindy, Linda and Janice arrived safely on your doorstep. Enjoy your visit with them. I'm sure that the casserole that Mrs. Feyen sent was WONDERFUL. I know that the friendship bread was also yummy!

Take care,
Virginia

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise Barry! I'm so glad Cindy, Linda, and Janice were able to spend some time with you. It sounds like Diane's Tater Tot Casserole and Cindy's Friendship Cake were very good. I'm so happy the ladies got a chance to see you.

Love,

Maddie