Sunday, June 22, 2008

Just about the biggest dog I've ever seen

I was visiting with my sister, Tina today when someone walks in the door that I recognize, but somehow seemed out of place. It was one of night shift nurses, Lisa. She was dressed in casual clothes and was accompanied by the largest dog I think I have ever seem.

Jackson, her Labrador/Great Dane mix is five years old, pure black, and weighs one hundred fifty eight pounds. Even with my bed raised, he was taller than the bed. He appeared to be the size of a small horse. He was also very gentle and like nearly every dog on earth, just wanted some love.
--
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry
http://www.mobylo.com/emv/

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barry - I think you have amazing family, friends, and, let's not forget, dogs in your life! The dogs are beautiful, and the people you show look like neat folks.

I'm learning so much about you. You have even more energy than I could have ever imagined and it was imagined that you could work us all into the ground with your drive and determination.

The gardens at your house are ones that make me want to come sit a while and just be part of it all. Our yard makes the neighbors go...Won't they ever weed? Dave and I are definitely not gardeners! His back is too bad and I know nothing about gardening...and consequently, don't really want to learn. Early morning is my gym time and when the sun is out...I'm usually not.

Yesterday I made your Sand Tart recipe. They were made smaller so they could be used at Teas 'n You, our little English/American tea room, for customers. They'll be wonderful on the dessert plate. It's a good thing you said to only make a half batch the first time. If I'd eaten any more dough and cookies than I already did, it would have been bad news! They are, indeed, as wonderful as I had remembered.

I'm sitting here salivating about those Baltimore crabcakes. They are beyond the best. I haven't had one for 12-15 years and I still dream of finding something similar. The ones that you mentioned were now available on line sound like a web site I need to visit.

Someone from Philadelphia used to send me Tastykakes once in a while. They're definitely decadent!

Every day I say a prayer for both you and Rick, as both of you will need strength. How lucky you are to have found such love in this mortal life. I know it will continue.

xoxox,
Nan'r