Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday therapy

Radiation today was my final radiation treatment. I received a certificate suitable for framing indicating that I had completed a radiation treatment program at Baptist Medical Center. There are also three tiny tattooed dots somewhere on my chest that indicate the parameters of treatment.

Therapy this morning included using the Wii. I did all the regular therapy so this was a welcome diversion. This afternoon I was on the parallel bars again. I went down the bars twice. The therapist did a lot of leg work today but none on the omnicycle. He also showed me some exercises that I can do on weekends when therapy does not take place.

When I came back from the morning session I discovered that my mattress had been replaced by an air controlled mattress to assist in healing the bedsores which are progressing well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Barry - just up doing my expense reports for May. What a pain in the hands - so much writing. Anyway, I thought I would shoot you a quick note just to say Hi. I will be leaving tomorrow evening after work to go down O.C. to see Aunt Noami and Uncle Ken. Let me know if you want me to pass anything on to them. Aunt Noami has already called me and she has a present for you that I will be bringing down when I come to see you next weekend. I will be taking my computer down to O.C. with me so I can keep in touch with you this weekend. You take care and I will check in later with you. Love you Tina

Anonymous said...

Hey Barry,

I see now that you are a "gamer"! HAHA According to your email, you got to play on a Wii system. The next thing you will be telling me is that you are to busy to update your blog because you are play Guitar Hero or Grand Theft Auto. (Evil Laughter). I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that you headup my prayer list every morning. Also, it was good to hear about Rick's retirement. Now, you two can "cruise" the world. Talk to you soon! XOXO, Craig