Sunday, June 8, 2008

Upcoming Visits

A number of different people are planning on visiting me in Jacksonville soon. Two dear friends, Jim (blogmaster) and Jim Byrnes are coming down next weekend for a visit. My sister Tina will be coming down the weekend after that. I was just speaking with one of my college roommates and his wife the other day and they're going to be in the Jacksonville area so he can perform a wedding ceremony the weekend of July 4. If possible they're going to come by also. I look very much forward to these visits and am truly humbled that all these wonderful people are making all this effort. At this point I don't know exactly where I'll be - if I'll still be in the rehab facility (most likely) or whether I'll be at home (which would be wonderful but unlikely) but no matter how people make their visits - whether they're there in person, by email, by phone call, by blog comments or just keeping me in your prayers, please know that they are all greatly appreciated.

Today I actually am planning to get my lazy ass out of bed. yesterday was just such a busy day with so many visitors I just never seemed to get up and about.

I'm trying to do a little PC work this afternoon. I finally started reading the Laura Lippman series that Rick had gotten for me. So far I am enjoying it very much.

There are actually two people working in this struggle. Obviously myself, but just as much my partner Rick. This isn't quite what we had anticipated our lives to be but he is being my rock, my strength. Keeping everything going at home, helping me to keep track of everything that needs to be kept track of, entertaining unexpected visitors, doing everything he can to keep me as positive as possible. I count myself fortunate the day I met this wonderful man. He still makes me laugh. He told me this morning that my brother Steve could come down any time. He helped figure out something on the PC this morning. Incidentally, Steve is getting on beautifully with Margo and Simon our cocker and beagle. Margo got a little jealous last night because Simon has taken such a shine to Steve. Simon puts us very much in mind of our childhood beagle named Sam.

No comments: