Friday, June 20, 2008

Margo and Simon

I have been remiss in getting some a photo of Margo and Simon on the blog. They have been mentioned repeatedly but many of you have never seen them. Margo (the cocker spaniel) is named for the Bette Davis character Margo Channing from "All About Eve". We sometimes think Miss Davis' imperious temperament may be in Margo. Simon (the beagle) is named that just because we liked the name. They are both four years old with Margo being just a few months older.

Like most brothers and sisters, they both love and torture each other at times.

They both provide such joy in our lives even when Margo won't go out in the rain or when Simon decides to do a beagle bark much too early in the morning. (Click on any of the pictures for a larger version.)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of Simon blowing in Rick's ear. P.S. I thing Rick was enjoying it :-)
Linda

Anonymous said...

Good morning Barry. Thank you for keeping us updated with all of your pictures and stories. I love the pictures of Margo and Simon. My mother has a beagle named Sally and she is the sweetest dog I've ever seen. I laugh each time I read your stories about the dogs that visit you. My dog "Stuart" is a wild pekineese and I cannot imagine taking him anywhere for a visit. He is 5 lbs of hair and he thinks he's 50 lbs of pure trouble. Some of the dogs in the neighborhood just look at him like "you've gotta be kidding". He makes more noise than any other dog for sure. I will be in Destin next week with Lindsey for 8 days while she dances in her last national dance competition. She graduated from high school in May (with a 3.92 GPA...extra info you don't really need) and she is headed to University of Tennessee at Martin to attend Nursing School in August. You know how I feel about my children - and you also know from all the stories over the years that she is my princess. Can't imagine moving her away in August but that's all part of growing up I guess. I would love to get by to see you next week for just a few minutes if possible. I'll check your blog to see how things are going and to keep up with your location. If I don't make it by please know that I am thinking about you and that I say a prayer for your health, happiness, and strength each day. Take care.