Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Therapy today

I had three therapy sessions today and am more tired today than usual. What was added today was something called the standing table. This device is designed to cause you to stand without you having to exert your own effort. It’s almost like a mini-elevator. The focus is to get your legs used to being in a standing position again. So they roll my chair up to it, literally put a winch under my butt, lift me to a standing position, and I hold onto the table top. I did this for two different five-minute sessions. Even though I didn’t think I was exerting effort, it did in fact tire my legs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Barry - just wanted to write a quick note to let you know I was thinking about you. I had a great weekend with Aunt Noami and Uncle Ken. Amber went with me and she just had a blast listening to Aunt Noami and learning alot from all her stories and just plain neat information that she knows. I am so looking forward to seeing you this weekend and spending time with you.

I gave Jessica your blog address so that she can communicate with you and just keep in touch. Also, Aunt Noami and Aunt Ruthy both send their love. Aunt Noami is going to print your blog out for Aunt Ruthy so that she can read all your stories. Aunt Ruthy doesn't have a computer but she wants to read all about your day to day experiences.

Anyway, honey just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and can't wait to see you on Friday. Love, Tina

Anonymous said...

Uncle Barry, this is Jessica Tina's daughter. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and my sister and I love you very much. I hope you are feeling better. My mom has told me so many things about you and how strong you are. I know in my heart that if anyone can pull through this you can. Love you, Jess