Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Therapy treatments

Non physical therapy

Six out of the 12 radiation treatments are complete and the oral chemo regimen is four days on, three weeks off. So I'm currently finished with chemo for the time being.

Every day I have been receiving Heparin shots through the stomach to help make sure I don't have any blood clotting. Today for the first time I actually felt a bit of a sting from the shot. This is wonderful news.

Physical therapy

In my morning physical therapy session, I did something to my left arm that has caused some pain in a muscle or a strain that is very specific directionally. Most things I can still do. If I reach my arm out to the side I can lift it. If I turn my arm palm-down and try to raise it, it gives me some pain. But we were able to complete the physical therapy session this morning. The afternoon session focused on balance. Tai helped me transfer from the wheelchair to a therapy bed in the gym. I was able to sit upright without supporting myself with my arms and maintain balance. Additionally we played some balloon badminton to test that balance to make sure I could maintain it while moving. For whatever reason, this day has just completely wiped me out. The therapist thought that the session was good and that my legs continue to improve.

Lunch was meatloaf and was delicious which surprised me. I love meatloaf and theirs was pretty damn good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Barry - Hi there - sounds like you had a terribly exhausting day but productive. I talked to Aunt Noami today and Aunt Ruthy and let them know about your progress. Aunt Noami is mailing your popcorn tonight. Sure hope your friends love Fisher's Popcorn because you are getting a gallon and a half of it.

Talked to Mom and she said Steve is riding his motorcycle (dad's bike) down to see you.

We have been having really bad thunderstorms this week but hopefully by the end of the week they will clear out of here.

Hope you have a less exhausting day tomorrow. Hopefully each day you will get stronger and stronger and feel better. I will check in again tomorrow. Love you, Tina