Friday, June 20, 2008

Weekend visitor and a classic story

My sister, Tina, arrived for a weekend visit this afternoon from Baltimore. We had a great evening of visiting and reminiscing. One of the funniest stories I have about Tina is about the wedding ceremony for her second marriage. I was flying in from a business trip and would just make it in time to the wedding. A friend was picking me up at the airport. This same friend often dropped me off. Like many airports, Baltimore-Washington International Airport has arrivals on the lower level and departures above. Imagine a long shot view of me on the lower level wondering where my ride is and my ride on the upper level wondering where their passenger was. Of course, there were no cell phones in those days. We finally figured out what happened, I got picked up and whisked off to the wedding just in time to see the bride and groom coming back down the aisle.



The reception was going to be a BBQ at Tina's home. It took Tina a very long time to get to the party. I just assumed she got held up with pictures or something.



The next week, I'm shopping at the Giant grocery store (store name not size). As I'm checking out, I notice something very unusual a few checkouts away and commented on it to the cashier. She remarked "That's nothing. You should have been here last week. A woman in a wedding dress with twin flower girls (my nieces Jessica and Vicki) was in line buying hot dog and hamburger buns".



I finally figured out at that moment why it took Tina so long to get to the party. :)

--

Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry

http://www.mobylo.com/emv/



Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: