Saturday, June 14, 2008

A ministry of cards

Early this morning I was going through all the cards that I have received over the past few weeks. There are literally more than I can count. It reminded me of a tribute that someone paid to Grandmother Cronise after she passed. Grandmother would send cards to people in church for birthdays, get-well, all different kinds of occasions. About two months after Grandmother’s funeral, one of the church members had something published in our monthly church newsletter. He made the comment that for the rest of his life his birthday would not be the same because for as many years as he could remember he had received a birthday card from my grandmother. In this small way she had touched this man’s heart with this simple gesture. As I look through all the cards again today, I thank you again for your words of strength, humor, compassion, and encouragement.

No comments: