Monday, June 16, 2008

We now interrupt the regularly scheduled blog entry...

As I was talking to Jim this evening dictating tonight’s blog entry I happened to notice a dog leash coming in the door. It was low to the ground and I’m thinking, “Who in the world is bringing a dog into my room at 8:30 at night?” Well it turns out my mother and my sister drove from Baltimore this morning in my sister’s new motor home to surprise me with a visit. I had no clue they were even thinking about coming down. Mom had told me she was going to be in West Virginia for a couple of days at their cabin. The two dogs are my sister Chris’s shelties that she often takes to nursing facilities as therapy dogs. It was wonderful to see both Mom and Chris. We had a nice visit for about an hour and they’ll be here for several days.

Just in case anyone is wondering, members of my family do actually drive regular vehicles since so far we’ve had a visit from a motorcycle and a motor home.

Sorry tonight’s entry is so short, but Jim and I will pick up with my original plan tomorrow.

1 comment:

JimD said...

I wish everyone could have been on the phone with you when they walked into the room. It would be impossible to describe the surprise and joy in your voice. What a wonderful surprise.

Hoping that today goes well. Stick with it at physical therapy. It sounds like your efforts are paying off. I'll talk to you soon.