Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Physical therapy update

I have now been assigned to different physical therapists, Manny and Rachel. My occupational and physical therapy will be combined into an afternoon session. So now I have the luxury of staying in bed until lunch if I choose.

Today I did some standing with the parallel bars. Both Manny and Rachel are Filipino. It’s unusual for me to be called tall but both of them said, “How tall are you?” I said, “I’m five ten and a half. I’m not that tall.” But they said, “You’re taller than we are.”

One of the exercises was doing sit-ups. I had to laugh because I could never do sit-ups when I was healthy. These were modified sit-ups with cushions under the back to try to strengthen the abdominal muscles. I did some additional leg exercises, too, and my therapy session this afternoon was probably about three hours.

No comments: